- Happy Saturday, everyone! I hope y'all are having a wonderful week. I say this every Sunday Post, but it has been a good week for me.
- On Wednesday, I went to Kansas City with my best friend/roommate to see Kian Lawley and Jc Caylen (YouTubers) on tour. It was incredible! I love love love them, and it was so surreal to see them live. I rode in a car for 8 hours (4 hours there and back) and stood on my feet for 5 hours. I got really angry at someone else there so I told her off, but I also made some new friends. My feet were aching by the end and I thought I was about to die of dehydration, but it was still such a fantastic experience.
- That same day, I got a ticket to see Twenty One Pilots (my favorite band on the planet) August 3rd and I almost cried tears of joy. I was supposed to have an internship this summer in Florida, so I wasn't sure if I would be back in Arkansas in time for the concert, so I didn't buy tickets. By the time I found out my internship had fallen through, tickets were sold out, so I was incredibly lucky that one of my friends was selling an extra ticket.
- Then, on Thursday, another friend invited me to go see Bill Maher (a comedian) in Kansas City on the 7th. All of a sudden my summer got adventurous.
- However, I would really appreciate it if you could send some prayers/positive vibes my way. I've faced some dilemmas with my financial aid paperwork, and if I don't get it turned in on time (August 1) I lose my academic scholarship...which means I have no idea how I would pay for college. Fingers crossed that it all works out.
(Sorry that was so long. I didn't mean to give you my entire life story)
Reviews:talk about blogging slumps. I usually wouldn't link to my own guest post, but I think we don't talk about blogging slumps all that often, and I think this could be really useful for some of you out there. It's just some tips & inspiration to help you get through it!
- You Before Anyone Else by Julie Cross & Mike Perini
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab
- Top Ten Books I'd Buy Right This Second If I Had Unlimited Funds
- Sunday Post #21
- July Recap
- The Eclectic Corner: Scary Movies
- Summer Blog Promo Tour #6: Valerie @ He Said Books Or Me
Emz from Paging Serenity posted an extremely interesting discussion about adaptations of books. I think every book lover out there can relate to at least some aspect of this post.
Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner shared a really amazing post with us called If We Were Having Coffee. This is unlike anything I've seen in the book community before, and I love that it gives us the opportunity to get to know Jamie a little bit better.
Here are some highlights from my instagram account this week. Give me a follow if you want to see everything I have posted/will post!
I'll be (ideally) posting twice a week. Make sure to subscribe to me if you want to stay updated on when and what I post! If you have a youtube channel, send me your link because I wanna see whatchya got! Here are my videos from this week!
What has your week in books and blogging looked like?